Saturday 14 January 2012


For want of a better name I am calling my new collection of paintings
"Work in Progress" . The first painting, which is pictured here is
called "The Merry Merry Roundabout". It came about very simply, I was
moving some work in the gallery and just felt for a few moments as if
my life was on a round about, you know the feeling, on a tread mill
going around and around in the same old groove. So the painting just
popped into my mind. Of course I wanted to put a female figure on the
carousal horse - and no it's not me, but I wanted to do it in such a
way as to say to the viewer - well I'm stuck on this carousal horse,
but I'm going to have fun no matter what!
What does all this have to do with animals? Well, think about it - life
becomes a merry go round, a machine designed for fun and entertainment
- but a wooden horse has totally different connotations in a historical
/ mythical sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment