Monday 30 April 2012

The Day it Rained

Saturday night I was awoken by the sound of wind and rain howling around the house, the sky was just liquid and the wind seemed never ending. This of course put me in mind to paint. I always want to paint; sometimes I think it's the only why I process the world. I spent the whole day on Sunday painting, listening to the wind and rain, trying to capture the feel of the storm on canvas. Being in a warm studio when there's a storm outside is the best thing in the world.  I only left the studio to get my much needed cup of tea and eat lunch —  I might be standing in the kitchen, but my mind is still in the studio.

The result was a painting called, not surprisingly "The Day it Rained".  Its all al primo which is unusual for me, with lots of grey's which is even more unusual.  Most of the painting is sky and the landscape is totally without detail, almost as if the land was flooded, (the field behind my house was actually flooded, and a tree came down on a power cable). When its dry enough to handle I will post a photo, but as the weather report is for much the same I think I will be doing lots more work with grey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment